Extracorporeal Pulse Activation Treatment
What is EPAT?
Extracorporeal Pulse Activation Treatment (EPAT®) is the most advanced and highly effective non-invasive treatment method cleared by the FDA. This proprietary technology is based on a unique set of pressure waves that stimulate the metabolism, enhance blood circulation and accelerate the healing process. Damaged tissue gradually regenerates and eventually heals. This non-invasive office/clinic based procedure represents a breakthrough treatment option for a broad range of musculoskeletal conditions.
What disorders can be treated?
Generally, acute or chronic muscle pain and/or tendon insertional pain that significantly impairs mobility or quality of life including:
• Back and chest
• Upper extremity
• Lower extremity
• Foot and ankle
• Myofascial trigger points
What are the expected results?
The beneficial effects of Extracorporeal Pulse Activation Treatment (EPAT®) are often experienced after only 3 treatments. Some patients report immediate pain relief after the treatment, although it can take up to four weeks for pain relief to begin. The procedure eliminates pain and restores full mobility, thus improving your quality of life. Over 80% of patients treated report to be pain free and/or have significant pain reduction.
Benefits of EPAT®
• Patients are immediately fully weight bearing.
• Bilateral patients can be treated at the same time.
• No incision–No risk of infection at the treatment site–No scar tissue formation.
• Patients are able to return to work/normal activities within 24-48 hours, resuming strenuous activities after 4 weeks.
• Patients evaluated for success at 12 weeks.
• Over 80% successful outcomes [Published Data–Long-term pain relief (Results retained)].
• Non-invasive so biomechanics are not affected–future treatment options are not limited.
• Cost Effective.
• Reduced conservative care–ends the cycle– Reduced after care and complications costs.
• Reduced cost from lost work.
• Fast, safe and effective.
• Does not require anesthesia.
Is it safe?
Yes. This FDA cleared technology was developed in Europe and is currently used around the globe. A wealth of medical experience, state-of-the-art engineering and optimal quality have been built into each EPAT® device, and extensive clinical studies and tests have confirmed its safety and efficacy. If performed by a qualified caregiver Extracorporeal Pulse Activation Treatment (EPAT®) has virtually no risks or side effects.
How much does it cost?
For most patients, the Elective Payment out-of-pocket costs are much less than you would expect. Your physician can provide a personalized pricing program. Some patients can use their employer’s “Flexible Payment Medical Savings Account” to cover these outof-pocket expenses with pre-tax dollars.
How can I get more information?
Your doctor is the best person to talk with if you have questions or concerns about the EPAT® procedure. He or she has extensive knowledge and specialized training on all aspects of its use, safety and effectiveness.
Call us today for an appointment: 703-481-4400